Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How can my daughter acquire my husband's name?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor

My partner and I are getting married next week. I have a daughter from a different man prior to my partner and we (partner and I) have two kids. The father of my daughter is not listed on her birth certificate, instead, my mom signed the affidavit at the back of the birth certificate. In short, my daughter is using my middle name and surname. My two kids from my partner (soon to be husband) is using my partner's last name. My question is, how do we go about changing my daughter's last name to my soon-to-be married name? Also, do we still need to go with the adoption process for our (my partner and I) two kids?

View user profile


Arresto Mayor
You will need to adopt your eldest child along with your husband. As for the other 2 children, you should file the marriage certificate to the local registrar to update the status. As I know they will put an annotation in the birth certificate of the 2 children making them legitimate.

View user profile


Arresto Menor
Thanks BLC. Any idea of how long will it take processing the adoption of my eldest?

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum