Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

badly need help with my last name

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 badly need help with my last name on Wed May 11, 2016 9:44 am


Arresto Menor
hey guys, sana mabigyan nyo ako ng idea kung ano dapat kong gawin, paano ko ba maibabalik sa dati yung last name ko which is torres and yun din yung record ko sa nso ngayon. im illegitimate child

But when i was in 3rd grade nagpakasal yung mother ko sa stepdad ko and they both work in dubai so that time pinalitan nila yung last name ko which is bartolome (my stepdad's last name) pinalabas lang nila na sa bahay lang nanganak yung mother ko kaya nalate yung registration, so in short nagpagawa sila ng bagong birth certificate na bartolome na yung last name ko.

So since grade 3 from torres, bartolome na ang ginamit ko sa lahat ng documents ko, id etc. till nagpunta rin ako sa dubai

Now i am back in the phils and planning to get married and one of the requirements is birth cert. so nung pumunta ko sa nso to get a copy torres pa rin yung nasa records nila ang sabi naman ng mother ko authenticated naman yung bartolome na birth certificate ko.

medyo naguguluhan ako and i don't know what to do.

View user profile

2 Re: badly need help with my last name on Wed May 11, 2016 10:30 am


Reclusion Perpetua
Check if you have two NSO registered birth certificates. It could be that you already have a registered certificate with Torres as your surname and yet a late registration was filed. If this is what happened, it is not allowed by law. The original Torres certificate should have just been updated.

A person should only have one registered certificate. To cancel one, a petition in court has to be filed which is quite a long process. Visit the office of the local registry where your certificate was filed for details.

The safeguard now to avoid double birth certificates when applying for late registration is, the office of late registry now requires submission first of certificate of no registration from NSO.

The other possibility is you indeed have only one birth certificate, family name update was made but not reflected on the 1st page but indicated on the 2nd page as an annotation. This NSO authenticated certificate is acceptable to government institutions. Check your document.

View user profile

3 Re: badly need help with my last name on Wed May 11, 2016 4:12 pm


Arresto Menor
thank you so much for the quick response, sabi ng mother ko sa caloocan city hall nya raw kinuha yung birth cert ko na bartolome, that was in 1992, is it possible na makakuha pa ako ng record ko from them? and also i have a 2 yr old son na bartolome na rin ang gamit na surname, and since torres naman yung nakalagay sa nso records ko gusto ko sana ibalik sa torres surname ko and my son since matagal na rin seperated mother and stepdad ko. what will be the things that i need to do?

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum