Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unpaid debt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Unpaid debt on Wed May 11, 2016 3:25 pm


Arresto Menor

Im Moj. An old friend of mine has unpaid debt with me amounting to 111+ thousand pesos. He doesn't have a signed promissory note but we have email threads regarding his debt. And in the email we have disagreement on the terms as he wants to settle it in a year but as creditor I want my money back the soonest time as I badly needed it for the hospitalization of my uncle. Is their any legal way I can push him to pay his debt or is their any case that I can file against him as he failed to pay for this month without notice.

View user profile

2 Re: Unpaid debt on Thu May 19, 2016 5:11 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
Go to the nearest Public Attorney's Office in a City or Municipal Hall and ask assistance in filing a civil case of collection of sum of money in a competent trial court. Have the e-mail correspondence printed out so that the PAO may be able to thoroughly assess the evidence on hand and if such is enough for your case to prosper in court.

Alternatively, inform your friend that you are already seeking legal action against him due to his negligence in paying his debt. Hopefully, the threat of litigation will be enough for him to comply towards the agreed-upon mode of payment of said debt.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum