Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please I need advice. Family is falling apart.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hi, I am a married man with one child (Male), I have to admit that as a person or a husband, I've been in and out of job for the past years and my wife is getting tired of it, she kicked me out of the house which her mother owns but her mother is not here in the philippines. You see i never get to know how being a padre de pamilya worked since I never had a father or family of my own while growing up, I'm not a bad person, rarely drinks, no drugs, I just have a deep depression that is affecting my work. hope someone here understands me. My question is? If she goes into a relationship with another man, what can I do? what are my rights as a husband? What if the family of my wife intervenes, because she is rich, What can i do? I'm just a husband who is trying to fix my family and own issues and made leaps and bounds in dealing with my work. So far there is a good progress on the work side. I am holding a job now, Any advice will be really appreciated and will be with me forever. please I need help? What can I do?

Last edited by Monkeydread on Tue May 24, 2016 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua

I understand that you want to find solutions to prevent your family from breaking apart. I also understand that having depression can very much affect your daily activities, including work, dealing with your family, the need to provide, etc. What I can suggest at this stage is for you to seek professional help to deal with your depression. It's brave for you to admit that you are suffering from depression. Perhaps, this is something that your wife doesn't understand or has no idea how to help you. There is a very good psychiatrist and counsellor I know in Quezon City, but I am not receiving anything to endorse him. I have known him through the people I have dealt with in the past.

You can even ask your wife to have a marriage counselling with you and have a separate counselling for yourself to address your condition.

If your wife gets into a relationship with another man, you can sue her and her lover for adultery if she engages in sexual activities with him.

As a husband, you have the right to be with your child and, at the same time, you have the obligation to support him. Parents share equal responsibilities in providing support for their child.

How would the family of your wife intervene?

If you are interested to pursue counselling to deal with your depression and/or have marriage counselling with your wife, please send me a private message or email me directly on

Kind regards,

Atty. Katrina

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum