Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advice on marriage validity

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Advice on marriage validity on Tue May 24, 2016 10:42 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi, i just want to ask what can i do with my case i've been married in 1997 but has been separated since 1999 until present (2016), just a few years ago i found out that the person i married had a change of first name in all of his documents except in the birth certificate of our daughters and on our marriage certificate thus his cenomar on his new name declares that he has no recent marriage records...what is now the status of our marriage certificate? I wanted to revert back to my maiden name on some of the documents i had changed. Thanks maine

View user profile

2 Re: Advice on marriage validity on Wed May 25, 2016 5:07 pm


Arresto Menor
im not a lawyer, but my opinion is for you to prove that the name in your marriage contract and your child's birth certificate and the new name your spouse carry is one and the same person. you will be asked to prepare some affidavits of disinterested person (no related to you, but know your ex and will testify) secure a copy of the application for his change name where and when it was processed, just to name a few..

consult a lawyer for further instructions. mahaba habang proceso yan

View user profile

3 Re: Advice on marriage validity on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:17 pm


Reclusion Perpetua

Valid marriage as there was no legal annulment mentioned. Marriage cert is valid as there was no legal declaration that it was void or annulled.

The child has the right to carry his/her father's surname and receive financial support from his father.

You are still legally married. Why would you revert back to your maiden name and use your money for that?

I would suggest annulment with valid ground then re-marry afterwards if that is your intention. XD

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum