Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Custody of my 8 year old being pursued by my IN Laws after my wife died

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I have a problem with my sister in law. My wife died last feb 12. Prior to her death I temporarily entrusted our child under the care of my mother and sister in law because I had to look after my wife who eventually died. Before my wife's funeral my sister in law confronted me, and said that she will not return my child claiming that I am not the biological father, she strongly stood by her statement. Because of this I took the initiative to get my child from school five days after the Funeral. The dssd has already clarified to them that what they did was wrong. However, my sister in law complained in our brgy. specifying custody of minor. I did not attend the hearing because it was not the proper venue as we were supposed to have a dialogue with the dssd at the day the hearing was sat. I did not appear in the baranggay summons because I don't see they have the jurisdiction to mediate, after a month the Dssd in our brgy called and I attended our dialogue. I offered that they just visit my daughter every sundays. However they are not contented and plans to proceed with their complaint custody of minor in our brgy. Our daughter is 8 years old and they have said things that would make her feel awkward towards me or consider me as stranger. She was born within our marriage and I signed her birth certificate regardless of whoever challenges her filiality I do not intend to agree with such. it is to my understanding that they do not have a right to tell my child that I am not her father. It is only I who have that right if I do so chose to. They are still insisting with their claim and this has an adverse effect on my Child, how can I stop them from further inflicting psychological injury to our daughter?

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua

Child is legitimate based on given statement. Get an attorney so you can file cases against sister in law.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum