Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Retracting Resignation

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Retracting Resignation on Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:05 am


Arresto Menor
I badly need your help. I will appreciate if you can give sound advice regarding my concern.

May 13, I sent my resignation leter thru email to my bosses who were in New York that time. Immediately, our Sales Director responded and I felt bad because I felt I was unintentionally made disturbance in their vacation. As per our Sales Director, she would not accept my request and asked me to think about it and waited for her to return in Manila after one week so we can discuss it in person. When we have met back in Manila, she was still persistent to change my desicion to resign. And our converstaion was concluded by her advising me to wait for my sales manager to go back in the Philippines at the end of the month. By the way the effectivity of my resignation stated in the letter was May 31.

The reason for my resignation was really urgent that time. My auntie was suffering from a stroke and was currently in the hospital. We have a family business that needs to be attended to, since my Auntie solely managing it and was sick, the business might stop. That business was actually been offered to me since, but I was resistant to accept it because I felt like I was not yet ready. The situation gave the perfect timing for me to finally accept the business.

June 1, believing that my manager was already in the Philippines, I txted her asking for an appointment. She replied but yet cannot commit a schedule because she was busy in the training. We finally had a meeting June 3. During our conversation, she said she was not able to read or even see yet my letter and it was our Sales Director who actually made her informed about it. I told her my reason for my resignation and then she asked about its effectivity. I said, I'm moving it to July 1 since I was held for three days already from the original target date of my resignation. Plus, I need to receive my retention bonus which the schedule of release is on June 30. Retention bonus by the way is our money that has been deducted from us by the company in monthly basis for the past year. The company will just compensate it with certain percentage depending on our performance in sales. My autie was already released from the hospital, and she said she could wait untill I receive my retention. We believe that i have the right to receive my retention since it was from my hard earned money. However, upon learning that, my area manager disagrees and she said she was actually accepting my initial request which effectivity is May 31. She said she has no reason to keep me longer in her team since she cannot see the passion anymore from me to produce.

I have filed a petition in HR but I was already tagged resigned by my area manager and I'm no longer working. Im still waiting from HR response but they never reply from my follow ups.

Please help me what to do. God bless.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum