Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need legal advice in selling property.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Need legal advice in selling property. on Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:23 am


Arresto Menor
I am planning to sell a house owned by my grandparents. The land title is under their name. They have two daughters. Both married. I'm the only daughter of my mom. And my aunt was childless. Both my mom and aunt passed away already. It's only me and my uncle who are the remaining kin. My question is: Does my uncle have the right over the property? And if I sell the house, how many percent goes to me and him?

View user profile

2 Re: Need legal advice in selling property. on Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:29 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
(Asuming there isn't any will changing normal shares.)
Was uncle married to your aunt?

If Yes, then you and uncle own half each.
If selling, then both have to agree and sign. (Or one of you buy the other half so one of you own whole.)

If No not married, then I don't know.

View user profile

3 Re: Need legal advice in selling property. on Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:58 pm


Arresto Menor
If they are married and there are no binding will or prenup agreement, then yes, your uncle has a right to half. Why?
1. From your grandparents - next of Kin is their daughters (it does not jump from grandparents to grand kids)
2. Technically, your mother and your aunt are the heirs.
3.  Your Aunt,if married to your uncle, becomes her next of kin, you to your mother.
Therefore, as next of kin to the heirs, both of you have claims to the said property.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum