Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

RUMOUR MONGERING ALLEGED ATTEMPTED RAPE

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 RUMOUR MONGERING ALLEGED ATTEMPTED RAPE on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:45 am

gvaetax

Arresto Menor
I would appreciate any comments or advice on this case.

A matured impoverished woman has been spreading rumour against my friend that she was allegedly molested and attempted to be raped when she was under age. My friend at the alleged date of the offence was also a minor. That was over 35 years ago.

The brother of my friend complaint to the Barrio Captain. But my friend decided not to show up because he was concerned that he would be put at a big disadvantage at the meeting which will be attended by people of bare minimum education. His reputation sullied by an uneducated impoverished woman vs him who is now a professional. At the end of the day people at the meeting would remember the accusation and not the fact that there was insufficient evidence plus the lapse of time for the case to prosper against him. It would boil down to her word vs his word.

If my friend sued her and spent money in legal fees and court costs plus waste time ... which cannot be recovered. She may even be entitled to free legal aid from PAO?? If she was found guilty of malicious unsubstantiated accusation she could not pay compensation as she s poor as a rat. Sending her to jail will be a favour as she'd have free food and accommodation in jail.

Can anyone please comment or advise how to deal with this case to stop this rumour mongering in the most cost effective manner?

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum