Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Borrowed Land Titles

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Borrowed Land Titles on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:27 pm

Jians1001

Arresto Menor
We live in a compound inherited from our grandparents on my father side. Together with us are his 4 other siblings. The land title is registered under the name of the other sibling who lives in the states. Since my father is the eldest, all the siblings agreed that my father will be the one to keep it. Come 2008, my aunt borrwed the title from my father for the reason that its time to divide the lot amongst the sibling. My father gave the title for the trust that my aunt will be arranging it. We already tried getting the title from her but to no extent, we were just being denied or evenhide away from us. My uncle abroad already knew what had happened and is also eager to help us get back the title. It seems that my aunt doesnt want to return it anymore or maybe the title was already pawned since the same year that his son left for korea.

we seek your advise, for steps what should we do. We plan to get a certified true copy of the title but we dont have photocopy of it, can we still get one? Can we file lost title? Thank you in advance.

View user profile

2 Re: Borrowed Land Titles on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:50 pm

attyLLL

does your aunt live in the compound. as a first step, send a demand letter to her to produce the title, then file a complaint at the bgy.

don't you even have the title number? if not, check the tax declaration; it may have the reference you need to request for a copy at the registry of deeds.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Borrowed Land Titles on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:15 pm

Jians1001

Arresto Menor
Thank you atty for your immediate reply. Before, she do lives here but from the time she got the title, she stayed over at Pangasinan where she also have her own house. We rarely see her but her daughter often visit us, relatives in the compound. We may hand over the demand letter through her daughter and i believe that we should have a copy signed by her daughter, as an acknowledgement for the letter, right?

We have a tax declaration on hand. we will use this for reference as you have advised. Thank you very much.

View user profile

4 Re: Borrowed Land Titles on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:18 am

attyLLL

yes, that is a good way to send the demand letter. you can also send it via registered mail with return card.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Borrowed Land Titles Today at 12:11 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum