Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BIGAMY FOR A LONG ISLAM CONVERT? on Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:53 pm


Arresto Menor
Assalam alaikum  warahmatullahi wabarakatuh sa lahat ng mga members and moderators and to the creator of the website.

First and foremost I want to introduce myself , my name is Alfred I got married in 1996 with a muslim woman in Sariah court in Mindanao ,I was converted due to the muslim tradition and named Alfadz ,my wife never taught me how to pray even all my 4 kids eversince.In the year 2011 our marriage was destructed by her having an affair with a man younger than me ,I have those pictures of the fetus she had aborted and she even confessed to me to my eldest son , I have forgiven her that time she confessed and even brought her to a clinic since the abortion made her ill so she had to be scrape or "raspahan".
But after some few days Ive learned she went to see this man again.

This time I decided to move for a divorce since it is allowed in Islam for some reasons ,but because I didnt know the process , I went to Masjed and seek advise to elder muslim leaders and they told me to write a document called "Talaaq" , and I did that as per told and give it to her and her brothers but they did not accept, but I kept my copy with my signature in it.Because we agreed before that she was supposed to file our divorce but because of my ignorance to Islamic law I never knew it was not good for her.But the leaders told me as long as Talaaq has been serve it is already considered served.

I went to NSO just to follow the leaders coz they said to bring the copy of my marriage contract in OMA CEBU where it was nearest to my location.But however there was no copy instead a cenomar was given to me and I even took also a copy of my wifes cenomar if it is available ,yes to my surprise she also had a cenomar.

I went to OMA CEBU to file my divorce however they told me , I cant file a divorce since I brought to them cenomar . But I told them that I was wed in a Sariah court ,but they said even if there is the validity of the cenomar is still strong that your marriage is not registered for 16 years . So I was told if you are a muslim convert you have all your rights as a muslim even marrying 4 times .

I was preparing myself for a second chance for a woman that I just recently knew that time .So when I came back to I decided to marry her .I got married again now in civil wedding last Jan 24,2012. Im here in Saudi working as OFW and active muslim . Just recently my first wife filed a case of bigamy ,how can it be possible while im a convert for so long already .. please help me  to get an advise from muslim lawyer who knows Islam and our rights . more power to the site I hope you can give me an advice how to counter.

Last edited by abdullah on Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)

View user profile

2 Re: BIGAMY FOR A LONG ISLAM CONVERT? on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:56 am


Arresto Menor
Base on given facts, your marriage is covered under PD1083 not Civil law. But did you register your conversion?
Now you have a cenomar proving that your marriage is not formally registered before any local civil registrar or Shariah court but doesnt mean your marriage is not legal. You have a legal marriage and now you have to dissolve in a legal way. Do you still have a copy of talaq? You can formally file your case in the Shariah Court to have a court order.
Your first marriage is Muslim marriage therefore you are not liable for bigamy unless your first marriage is a Civil Marriage.
For more information and assistance of shariah lawyer, you can email me:

Thank you

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum