Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Change of surname

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Change of surname on Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:51 am


Arresto Menor
Hello po. I have a 4-year-old son and he is using my surname. When I got pregnant with him, his father and I separated. We were not married and I did not declare him in my son's birth certificate. We totally have no communication from then. Now, I already got married to my husband and we wanted to change my son's surname to his. What should we do about that? Do we still have to undergo on adoption process even though there is no biological father declared in his birth certificate? What processes should we take? Thank you.

View user profile

2 Re: Change of surname on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:03 am


some people take the short cut of the husband filing an acknowledgment of the child and then the marriage certificate so that the child will be deemed their legitimate child. I do not recommend it because it involves falsity.

the proper way is for the couple to adopt the child.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum