Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nullity of Marriage

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Nullity of Marriage on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:19 pm

roipatrick

Arresto Menor
Good day po

Ask ko po regarding sa declaration of nullity. Kinasal po kami ng Around december 22 ( di ko po matandaan since yung sa contract ang sinunod po namin) then yung kasal na yun is madalian kasi buntis na po yung girlfriend ko and then wala po akong maalala na inayos namin yung marriage lisence namin. Iba ata ang nagayos. Then sabi sa akin is advance marriage daw kami so lumabas sa marriage contract eh jan 3 instead of dec. Ngaun po is umalis na yung misis ko and dinala nya yung anak namin. I want to file a nullity of marriage. Ano po ba ang kelangan kong gawin and basing sa story po, do i have the right to file that case. Thank you po and hoping for you speedy reply. Also if i may ask for requirements and cost of this case...... im online right now so ill just wait for your anser. Thank you

View user profile

2 Re: Nullity of Marriage on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:58 am

roipatrick

Arresto Menor
Need help please.

View user profile

3 Re: Nullity of Marriage on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:40 am

attyLLL

It is best to have your documents and complete marital history reviewed by a legal professional. Initially I recommend you look at your marriage contract if a marriage license number is indicated.

If you can prove that the ceremony was conducted on a date without a marriage license then you may have grounds to have your marriage declared null.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

4 Re: Nullity of Marriage on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:47 pm

roipatrick

Arresto Menor
Thank you very much attorney.

I have several letters (notarized letters) with me stating that we are married on a date wherein we have no marriage license. Together with this letter is my ex wife's letter stating that she also just learned that when we were married we don't have any marriage license.

So this can be the ground for filing a petition right?

Thanks a lot.

View user profile

5 Re: Nullity of Marriage on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:13 pm

attyLLL

if you can prove it, yes, it is a ground. your evidence should be

1) certified true copy of the marriage license issued by the Civil registrar
2) proof showing that the ceremony was conducted on a date before the issuance of the marriage license. try to get testimony from disinterested persons. i once used the testimony of the manager of the restaurant where the ceremony was held.

do not rely on these notarized letters. they are useless unless the person who signed them acknowledges them in court.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

6 Re: Nullity of Marriage Today at 5:41 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum