Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Separation Pay : Legal basis to challenge computation

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Red Dun Dan

Arresto Menor
My department will be redundated within 30 days. We are given a separation pay of 1 month for every year of service. However, another department 6 years ago was aldo redundated, but they were given 1.5 mos. Can we demand / file a case with DOLE given that there was a precedent before for a higher separation pay? Note: The company is in good financial condition.

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
you can try, we wont know unless we hear the other sides justification why the other dept got higher separation pay.

but just so you are aware what is required by law is only 1 month

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum