Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

change child's last name to mother's maiden name

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
hi, my son is currently 8 months old and was born outside of the philippines. he carries his father's last name and i would like to change his last name to my maiden name. his father is married in the philippines and his wife does not want anything to do with our son. and so with this, i decided to change my son's last name to my maiden name. how do i go about this and what is the first step in proceeding with this? thank you. hope i can get some advice.

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua

Since your child is an acknowledged illegitimate child, the only way for you to change your child's surname is for you to adopt your own child. If you adopt your child, you would need the written consent of the father and once approved by the court, your child will no longer be considered an illegitimate child and as one of the consequences of adoption, he can use your surname.


Atty. Katrina

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum