Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inquiry re Birth Certificate

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Inquiry re Birth Certificate on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:06 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi there,

I would like to inquire the steps or necessary actions I should take to change or update my name in my birth certificate.

My parents are not legally married. So I should bear the surname of my mother. However, since I started school and all of my records, I have been using the surname of my father.

My birth certificate has my mother's surname and no any signed acknowledgement from my father. Though, I received financial support from him.

Now, what should I do to change my records. Where and how to start? Another problem is my father already died in 2003.

Thank you very in advance for the help and for your advice

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum