Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hi, my name is Jeri and I'm 35 yrs of age and still no passport. The reason for this is that i have an error in my birth certificate. I'm male but in my birth certificate I'm indicated as female. I have tried to get this error corrected before, but upon inquiry with our local Civil Registrar, I have to do a ton of paper work proving that, I am what I say I am " which I would gladly do " get a lawyer to do some court things and get it printed on a nationally distributed news paper and pay roughly 50k php for everything and take around 6 months or so. I'm willing to do the paperwork, and go through the whole process, but the thing is i cannot afford 50k, that's why i was not able to do it back then. And just recently I found out that the whole process was made easier and cheaper and I'm currently gathering the necessary paper work to get my birth certificate corrected. And while doing this I ran into an old friend of mine who has been an OFW for years, well to make the long story short he told me there was a position in their company in Taiwan and he would gladly vouch for me. All I needed was a copy of my resume and a Passport.

I would really want to take advantage of this opportunity but there is one problem, although the correction to my birth certificate is on the way, it will take another 2 and a half months to complete, and the job offer is only good for another 6 weeks upon writing this letter. I have already gone back to the civil registry to ask if the process could be sped up and they said no.

I was wondering is it possible to get a passport with this error in my birth certificate? The error is already in the process of being corrected anyways, I just need the passport as soon as possible...

I'm sorry for my very long narrative i just wanna make sure I could provide as much info as I can. And in addition all my school records, past employment records and medical records are male, even my baptismal certificate is male.

I hope to hear from you, and any information regarding this will be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

View user profile


you can request for an expedited release of the passport but it's discretionary whether it will be allowed

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile


Arresto Menor
Hello po tanong ko lang po kasi nag re renew po ako ng passport, di ko narenew kasi ang nakalagay sa birth certificate ko birth place ko po pangasinan pero sa passport ko manila. Wait pa daw po nila yung records ko kung san ko nakuha yung passport ko. Pang 3rd ko na po kasing renew ito. Ano po ang dapat kong gawin? Pakitulungan nyo naman po ako kailangan ko na po kasing mag renew kaagad kasi nhinhintay napo ako nng employer ko sa hongkong. Salamat po ng marami.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum