Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

child support

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 child support on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:28 pm

sann_77

Arresto Menor
Good day...i just to ask about your legal opinion regarding my problem.My boyfriend and I living together and we had a son.We did'nt get married because he wanted to apply on Phil.Navy,it is required that one should be single and with good moral.I supported his plan by concealing and denying his son the time his background check on the Phil.Navy is on going.he succeeded and now a 2lt. officer.Right now it seems that he forgotten me and his son..My son is deprived from his support.What legal action should i make?Please help.Thank you and more power.

View user profile

2 Re: child support on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:26 pm

attyLLL

did he sign the birth certificate? do you have written evidence that he acknowledged the child?

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: child support on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:51 pm

sann_77

Arresto Menor
he did'nt sign n the birth certificate of our son since when i gave birth he is on his training....what sort of evidence should i prepare if i have to make legal action towards him?

View user profile

4 Re: child support on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:43 pm

barbie83

Arresto Menor
Gud day po,my father is a seaman,and he is legally married with my mom,i got 3 more siblings, but when i was 7 years old he left us for other woman.He never gave us any financial support since then and we never knew his whereabouts.Now i am 28 years old,our mom died last year. i incidentally communicated with my father's other children thru facebook,knowing that our father is now a ship's captain.Now, we want to know if we still have the right for the financial support of our father?If he refuse to support us,what are the legal action can we file against him?

View user profile

5 Re: child support on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:09 am

^^ yes you do have the right...sue him in court..action for support is the case to be filed if he stubbornly refuse to heed to your demands!

View user profile

6 Re: child support on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:41 pm

attyLLL

sann, the problem is that you have no proof that he is the father.

some mothers file a case of economic violence anyway and are able to get a settlement. some even get a resolution by the prosecutor in their favor, but in my opinion, it should not prosper if there is no admission by the guy that he is the father.

try sending a demand letter first, he might accede. better if you are able to do it through a lawyer but it is not necessary.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

7 Re: child support on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:42 pm

attyLLL

barbie, it is not so much support, but consolidation of your mother's ownership over half of his assets which you are bound to inherit. that is where your right to sue arises from.

View user profile

8 Re: child support on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:44 pm

sann_77

Arresto Menor
what if i undergo my son for a DNA test....could it be a good proof that he's really the biological father despite the fact that he did'nt sign the birth certificate?thanks a lot for the sound advice.

View user profile

9 Re: child support on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:25 am

attyLLL

sann, i recommend first that you write to the father and demand that he recognize his son and provide support. If he does not, then your remedy is to file a petition for filiation, and it will be the court which will order a DNA test.

View user profile

10 Re: child support Today at 12:10 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum