Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Total Change of First Name

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Total Change of First Name on Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi everyone who's knowledgeable about the law. I just wanna ask on how can I just change my first name. I've searched it online but I still can't fully comprehend it. Okay, here's my situation. I'm 19, graduated few months ago and just recently decided to transition as a woman. But a slow transition. Even my parents are yet to know about this huge step I'm taking. I have yet to dress as a woman or anything of sort. I'm just starting to let my hair grow out. So, basically no one yet knows me by my "new name" that I choose  aside from my 30 facebook friends on my new account. I have two first name, I would like to keep the  second one but not the other, and probably add another. So basically, like this:

Example of my name now:: Mark Kieth Dela Cruz.
Could be "new" name::  Stefani Kieth Mae Dela Cruz.

How can I make this a reality? What's the process? Fees?

I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I just want answers. I'm also too afraid to go to a lawyer in fear of being judge and discriminated just now. Hope to hear from anyone of you. Thanks.  Smile  Smile

View user profile

2 Re: Total Change of First Name on Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:39 am

attyLLL

if you were born biologically a male, sadly, there is no legal remedy to change that to female under current law.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Total Change of First Name on Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:46 am

attyLLL wrote:if you were born biologically a male, sadly, there is no legal remedy to change that to female under current law.

I'm not trying to change my gender on papers. Just my name.

View user profile

4 Re: Total Change of First Name on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:50 pm

attyLLL

Here are the grounds for change of name: Rule 103 (CHANGE OF NAME) using valid and meritorious grounds including (a) when the name is ridiculous, dishonorable or extremely difficult to write or pronounce; (b) when the change results as a legal consequence such as legitimation; (c) when the change will avoid confusion; (d) when one has continuously used and been known since childhood by a Filipino name, and was unaware of alien parentage; (e) a sincere desire to adopt a Filipino name to erase signs of former alienage, all in good faith and without prejudicing anybody; and (f) when the surname causes embarrassment and there is no showing that the desired change of name was for a fraudulent purpose or that the change of name would prejudice public interest.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum