Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer of Land Title (from deceased owner)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Transfer of Land Title (from deceased owner) on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:03 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi! I would like to seek help po, this is regarding the transfer of the land title.

My grandmother (who died 3 yrs ago) is the owner of the said title, her son is my father.

In the land title my grandmother's name is different with her name indicated in my father's birth certificate. We have our grandmother's marriage certificate and her name indicated there is the same with my father's BC. My mom told me that during the old times, a person's name is not a big issue and they are using aliases. My grandmother is a no read, no write person, that's why she had no idea on the said issue that time. The said land title had a history of mortgage in a cooperative bank, but it's already settled and we have a clearance from the cooperative bank.

My father would like the land title to be transferred instead to his name, directly to us (his children), which is practical.

In this regards, I would like to ask for your help on how we can settle this problem.

Please take note on the following details:
Grandfather - deceased
My father doesn't have any siblings

Thanks in advance.

View user profile


Arresto Menor
Hi! I hope someone could help me with regards to the issue posted above.


View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
Do you have anything proving the name at the title is related to your grandfather or your father?
Or anything confirming it's same as your grandmother?
Who are the property tax payments done by and does that tell any useful relation to your grandfather, father or you? Perhaps that can assist to become enough to get approval.

First an Extrajuridical process is needed to decide your father is the hier of whole. IF the documents you have are enough to get that approved,
then your father can give the property to you in next step.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum