Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password




You are not connected. Please login or register

HR Concern

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 HR Concern on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:59 am

Dianajean21.lopez


Arresto Menor
Hi,

I would like to seek your assistance in giving me an idea about the possible cases I can file against our HR business partner. We are required to issue a notice to explain to employees prior to serving a Consequence Management depending in their trangression. Whether it should be Verbal, Written or Final Written, or worst, For admin hearing prior to termination,

I was able to serve a Final written Warning due to the agents accumulative number of missed hours from his Absenteeism that resulted to an Admin Hearing. i was not able to issue one for the No Call No Show that the agent did last July 30 and Aug 3. The Admin Hearing due to his missed hours were done so the Notice to Explain for his No call no show issue was served for possible serving of Final Written and Admin Hearing for Term. We actually do not have the policy on when is the time frame of serving NTE's (notice to explain). They are now dinging me for negligenc due to late issuance.


Please help.
Appreciate your response.


Thanks!

View user profile

2 Re: HR Concern on Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:11 am

lukekyle


Reclusion Perpetua
so whats your question?

View user profile

3 Re: HR Concern on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:48 am

Dianajean21.lopez


Arresto Menor
- since there is no timeframe of issuance of NTE's, I can always serve it anytime and held not liable for negligence right? If they push on giving me an NTe for it, what case would I be able to file against them?
- i am the obly one being alledged for negligence while other supervisors were kept clean having no NTE provided when they havent served anything. It's like our HR always watch my moves. I feel like being attacked. Any case I can file against them?

View user profile

4 Re: HR Concern on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:04 pm

Dianajean21.lopez


Arresto Menor
Moral turpitude perhaps?

View user profile

5 Re: HR Concern on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:11 pm

lukekyle


Reclusion Perpetua
- No, using that logic, do you think its ok to serve a NTE 10 years after the incident? If you are given a NTE you cannot file a case against them. They are giving you a chance to explain. You have to wait for them to issue sanctions before complaining. (If in case you find the sanctions unreasonable)

- you cannot use that logic. Stick to the specific sanction. Your complaint if they reprimand or suspend you should be whether you are negligent or not. You cannot use the excuse that there are other supervisors who are negligent also. Its ok lang that they "watch my moves" as long as you haven't done anything wrong, what can they do?

View user profile

6 Re: HR Concern on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:18 pm

Dianajean21.lopez


Arresto Menor
Our HR is always watching my moves.. Secondly, they are into issuing me Negligence as an NTE is only for formality purposes. Third, They are trying to give me a sanction for me as well to be disqualified in an incentive. I am not negligent as I provided an NTE to my employee after the admin hearing for the other case was finished. They also voided it as they said its already passed due and its like we are double dinging the agent. We checked from our code of conduct and there were no documentation on when we can serve an NTE. They even forced me to create an NTE before a month after the agent incurred the absenteeism. Now that I served it after 6 days, I am being questioned and accused negligent?

View user profile

7 Re: HR Concern on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:20 pm

Dianajean21.lopez


Arresto Menor
Whether I serve the NTE right after the attendance issue or after how many days, as long as I served it, it will still be double dinging the agent. As cases were different but will result to an admin hearing.

View user profile

8 Re: HR Concern on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:31 pm

council


Reclusion Perpetua
Dianajean21.lopez wrote:Hi,

I would like to seek your assistance in giving me an idea about the possible cases I can file against our HR business partner. We are required to issue a notice to explain to employees prior to serving a Consequence Management depending in their trangression. Whether it should be Verbal, Written or Final Written, or worst, For admin hearing prior to termination,

I was able to serve a Final written Warning due to the agents accumulative number of missed hours from his Absenteeism that resulted to an Admin Hearing. i was not able to issue one for the No Call No Show that the agent did last July 30 and Aug 3. The Admin Hearing due to his missed hours were done so the Notice to Explain for his No call no show issue was served for possible serving of Final Written and Admin Hearing for Term. We actually do not have the policy on when is the time frame of serving NTE's (notice to explain). They are now dinging me for negligenc due to late issuance.


Please help.
Appreciate your response.


Thanks!

Why were you not able to serve the NCNS NTE within the week of Aug 3?

There may be no specific policy for issuing the NTE but it should be within reasonable time.

Why would you file a case against the HRBP? Did he issue the NTE? Perhaps he was only doing his job.

View user profile http://www.councilviews.com

9 Re: HR Concern on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:33 pm

council


Reclusion Perpetua
Dianajean21.lopez wrote:Whether I serve the NTE right after the attendance issue or after how many days, as long as I served it, it will still be double dinging the agent. As cases were different but will result to an admin hearing.

A "double ding" may not be avoidable in some situations.

Is the agent a "top box" or a "Bottom box" ? Maybe there are mitigating circumstances eventually.

View user profile http://www.councilviews.com

10 Re: HR Concern on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:40 pm

Dianajean21.lopez


Arresto Menor
1. The NCNS NTE was served after the admin hearing of the accumulative hours missed due to the agent's absenteeism. They advised not to double ding the agent. But like I understand it, it will still be a double ding if the NTE for missed hours and NCNS were served at the same time.
2. HR is actually pushing for the sanction as the agent already exceeded the hours allowable and is already for termination.
3. The NCNS NTE was not served on the week of august 3 as I was waiting for the admin hearing to be closed first. Like they said, they dont want to double ding the agent..so I served the NTE after the closure of the Admin Hearing for the missd hours.

View user profile

11 Re: HR Concern on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:42 pm

council


Reclusion Perpetua
Dianajean21.lopez wrote:1. The NCNS NTE was served after the admin hearing of the accumulative hours missed due to the agent's absenteeism. They advised not to double ding the agent. But like I understand it, it will still be a double ding if the NTE for missed hours and NCNS were served at the same time.
2. HR is actually pushing for the sanction as the agent already exceeded the hours allowable and is already for termination.
3. The NCNS NTE was not served on the week of august 3 as I was waiting for the admin hearing to be closed first. Like they said, they dont want to double ding the agent..so I served the NTE after the closure of the Admin Hearing for the missd hours.

Who's "they" who do not want to double ding? OM, HR, Director?

Craig?

View user profile http://www.councilviews.com

12 Re: HR Concern on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:44 pm

Dianajean21.lopez


Arresto Menor
The reason I am filing a case for our HRBP is that I feel Iam being always watched while others were not to Be fair around here. I feel that I am being personally attacked by this person. False allegations were even served before. Luckily, her supervisor was able to review the case first.

View user profile

13 Re: HR Concern on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:48 pm

council


Reclusion Perpetua
Dianajean21.lopez wrote:The reason I am filing a case for our HRBP is that I feel Iam being always watched while others were not to Be fair around here. I feel that I am being personally attacked by this person. False allegations were even served before. Luckily, her supervisor was able to review the case first.

You'll need proof for that, not just "feelings."

View user profile http://www.councilviews.com

14 Re: HR Concern on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:15 pm

HrDude


Reclusion Perpetua
It's best you wait for the NTE and reply to that... stating in your explanation letter all that you have stated here.

View user profile

15 Re: HR Concern Today at 7:56 am

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum