Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

child custody to grandparents

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 child custody to grandparents on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:19 am


Arresto Menor
is it possible that the child custody be given to grandparents?

The child grew up in his fathers family providing everything for her since she was born. Now she is 10 years old and her parents got separated this year. The child was forced by her mother to live with her because she was told that if she will not do so her parents will in jailed.

Right now, she wanted her custody be under her grandparents. Her mother is now in a relationship with a friend, who can provide for her needs because she doesn't want to work. She is always asking for support. The child was brought by her mother to live with his boyfriends and her boyfriends family. The child was sleeping on the floor while the Mother and the boyfriend is sleeping on the bed. This was being kept secret in the eyes of everyone, but as always that child will always speak the truth. Her mother is also threatening the father to make a scene in his office if the father will not give in that the child be with her.

The boyfriend once get drunk is becoming different from his usual "tahimik" self. Every time he was drunk he would always have a fight with the mother and asked them to leave, (what an experience for a 10 year old child to handle).

In this case we are not so sure what this person can do, sp we are worrying about the child safety at this time. If in any case the father will not stand for his right because he is saying "mababaliw daw", can the grandparents get the custody of the child if we file a custody case?

View user profile

2 Re: child custody to grandparents on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:18 pm


If a case for custody is filed, the burden is upon the grandparents to prove that the mother is unfit, and the child is better to be situated in with the grandparents.

it's not clear if the parents are married, but if they are, it can be argued that the child is being exposed to immoral relationships.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: child custody to grandparents on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:31 pm


Arresto Menor
Yes they are married. The mother is not working, the boyfriend is supporting her.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum