Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need advice on adultery and annulment

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Need advice on adultery and annulment on Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:33 am

europe

Arresto Menor
Hello. I am worried.
I am Scandinavian and I have a filipina girlfriend. she is the kindest and most loving woman I 've ever met.
Problem is she is separated. And I understand it could be a serious problem if we are unfortunate.

She got legally separated from her husband just over two years ago. They have two kids together.
He was violent, beating her up regularly in front of the kids and he was a drug addict. (Amphetamine, Shabu).
They lived close to her parents and family, and both the family and neighbours can testify that this is true, they witness his behavior.

We have been together a couple of times when I spent long vacations in The Philippines, two months each time. Never had problems, her family and friends like me, I like them, she never asked me for anything.

She and her family say I dont have to worry about the ex, he wont file charges of adultery, but of course I cant be sure. And by law it  will be considered adultery. I am worried.
They say the ex also lives with a new girlfriend on another place in Phil, so he is basically doing the same himself.

I am planning to retire in Phil in about a year, hoping to live together with my girlfriend, but of course it would be a lot easier if we didnt had to worry about doing something wrong, against the law.

You probably think I am stupid getting involved in a situation like this but I think my girlfriend is worth the risk, I would do anything to be able to live with her the rest of my life. Basically stupid love but thats how love works. And please no hindsight, I know  Smile

What should or could I do? I know about the adultery law and I know its hard to get an annulment, but there must be something she or I can do? Anything?
Council will be received with great thanks.

Steve

View user profile

2 Re: Need advice on adultery and annulment on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:22 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua
The only possible option is for your girlfriend to file a Petition for Declaration of Nullity of Marriage based on psychological incapacity of her husband. However, she should see a clinical psychologist to support her contention that her husband has psychological incapacity.

Regards,

Atty. Katrina

View user profile http://www.kgmlegal.ph

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum