Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rights on property where we have lived for almost 40 years? Foreclosure?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Arresto Menor

I will be checking with a real estate lawyer in the near future, but I would like to have a quick check regarding the below situation:

My late parents bought a property from a now-defunct developer. My parents have been able to pay for I think 4 years before they no longer paid the amortization due to some issues with the developer. this was some 30 years ago-- and we have live on this property for more than 37 years now.

Recently, we had a friend trace who holds our property account as we wanted to finally get the title to my name as the heir of the deceased purchasers. We came up with a real estate company who claims to have our account and they have presented us a statement of account which of course includes interest from 30+ years of unpaid arrears. I will have a lawyer check this later this month before we actually pay them the amount in the SOA given to us.

A few questions though:

1) Why have NO ONE foreclosed our property for all those years? Can the property still be foreclosed?
2) Do we have a right to claim this property? I mean-- I am now confused on whether to pay ASAP or not-- as why has no ONE approached us for 35 years and asked for payment?

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum