Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Second marriage in Saudi

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Second marriage in Saudi on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:41 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi! I have a boyfriend right now who is working in Saudi and also converted to Muslim few years ago. He had an ex wife. The ex wife was married in a christian wedding here in the Philippines before going to Saudi. My boyfriend and his ex wife declared their status as Single at Philippine Embasy so they can get married in a Muslim wedding when they were both in Saudi. Right niw, my boyfriend was asking her to sign the annulment papers in Saudi for their marriage to be null because we have plans on getting married here in the Philippines next year. Our problem is the ex wife refused to sign the papers and she has plans on leaving Saudi to stay for good here in the Philippines. I wanna know the legalities and which marriage is valid as of now. By the way, their Muslim marriage in Saudi was never registered to Philippine Emabasy in Saudi.

View user profile

2 Re: Second marriage in Saudi on Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:01 pm


Arresto Menor
Good day,

Their marriage in Saudi is void (voidable) since the wife is still married in the Philippines unless annulled before remarried in Saudi.

Given the first marriage of the wife is annulled, their marriage in Saudi is legal as long as they met all the requisites of Muslim marriage, the husband can pronouce divorce to his wife to dissolve their marriage. It does not require approval of the wife to dissolve their marriage. The husband has the right to divorce, also the same apply to the wife.

Even though their marriage is not registered in Phil. Embassy, still it is bind and with legal effect. Therefore, the husband should file for divorce in the Shariah Court.

For more clarification, you can email me: or text: 09067350130.

Thank you

Shariah Counselor

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum