Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cenomar - presumptive dead

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Cenomar - presumptive dead on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:09 am

I am a 33 year old person who lives in a rural area. When i was a little younger i was married to a fine woman. Technically the marriage didn't work out because her parents was not in favor of our marriage. We separated and found another partner. She called me once and said she wanted an annulment and so i said literally yes. She did all the paperwork and said that our marriage is annulled already
My problem is this: I went to NSO office to get a cenomar since i want to get married again. I was so shocked to read the result which says that I am presumptive dead. I contacted my ex-wife and she said that it was her reason for annulment.
Is there anything i can do about this? I'm so depress. Please help!

Last edited by androsphinxlikeangel on Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not catchy enough to be replied. I need advice please! Help me!)

View user profile

2 Re: Cenomar - presumptive dead on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:16 pm

Arresto Menor
kailangan mo sumangguni sa isang abogado. however, sad to say na ang mangyayari lang sa annulment nyo ng wife mo is magiging invalid since mapapatunayan na buhay ka pa.

View user profile

3 Re: Cenomar - presumptive dead on Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Reclusion Perpetua
To reiterate on what was said, your marriage now with your wife will become effective once more, thereby invalidating the current marriage your wife has since the first marriage is still subsisting.

The biggest disadvantage in your part is that you cannot remarry here in the Philippines once you are declared presumptively dead by the courts, and your reappearance does only harm in the current marriage of your "living" spouse by making it void from the beginning.

The way I see it, you need to secure the services of a family lawyer who specializes in annulment procedure since it is likely that another annulment proceeding shall take place using a different ground (since presumptive death is disadvantageous on your part and you seem to have no intentions of leaving this country). Be prepared, however, to spend a lot of money depending on the ground that you and your wife's lawyer will use. This proceeding is also lengthy, depending on the number of cases the family court you're assigned in are currently handling.

Good luck in your situation.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum