Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cancellation of Agreement

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Cancellation of Agreement on Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:39 am

superjong

Arresto Menor
Hi,

Last year, I made a deal to buy a pre-owned condo directly from an owner. The arrangement is that I will loan the payment from the bank (through a housing loan). The deal did not push though due to some difficulty with the loan approval, etc. To cut the story short, we agreed to cancel the deal and he will refund the money I gave him in half, which is around Php150,000. He asked me to give him 3 years to pay this. My question is, what legal letter/document should I come up with so that I can assure that he'll pay me within the next three years.

Also, he promised that he will pay me once the condo is sold.

View user profile

2 Re: Cancellation of Agreement on Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:38 pm

payoneer

Arresto Menor
superjong wrote:Hi,

Last year, I made a deal to buy a pre-owned condo directly from an owner. The arrangement is that I will loan the payment from the bank (through a housing loan). The deal did not push though due to some difficulty with the loan approval, etc. To cut the story short, we agreed to cancel the deal and he will refund the money I gave him in half, which is around Php150,000. He asked me to give him 3 years to pay this. My question is, what legal letter/document should I come up with so that I can assure that he'll pay me within the next three years.

Also, he promised that he will pay me once the condo is sold.

Did you execute some form of deed or contract with the seller for the supposed sale of his condo? If you did, you have to first note if there is any provision in case the "deal" did not push through.

If its not in writing, you could send him a formal demand letter for the return of your money. Should he fail to heed your demand, then you could go ahead and file a small claims case (lawyers not allowed to appear) to get your money back.

View user profile

3 Re: Cancellation of Agreement on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:10 am

ViNZsters

Arresto Menor
Or you can let him execute a promissory note to evidence that he has a debt to you. so when the time comes that the debt is due and you demand payment, he cant' or refuse to pay. You can file a collection of sum of money that is supported by yours evidences such as the "contract to sell" and the "promissory note".

View user profile

4 Re: Cancellation of Agreement Today at 10:32 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum