Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

updating illegitimate son's last name

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 updating illegitimate son's last name on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:44 pm


Arresto Menor

I have a 13 yr old son (illegitimate). His birth certificate was not signed by his biological father and it has the word "UNKNOWN" on the father's name. When he was 2 yrs old, her grandmother (from biological father side) tried to work it out for my son to use their last name but I was not married to the father. We went to the municipal where my child was born. I remember that they paid an amount not more than Php500 and the biological father signed a form to use his last name. The birth certificate from the hospital (not NSO copy) was stamped with annotation stating that my son can use the father's last name. However it did not appear to the NSO copy of my son's birth certificate. My son was also issued a Philippine passport and still using my surname. He already went out of the country twice and never had used the biological father's last name. Now that I am married (3 yrs ago) and to a different man, my husband wanted for my son to carry his last name because he is very much concern about my son's social status specially in school. I have few questions:
-since my son's birth certificate now have annotation, why it is not reflecting anywhere in NSO copy?
-if it is not legally valid, can my son acquire my married last name instead? I know this may sound awkward but I wanted to know if my husband now can just simply acknowledge as the father since I have no more contact to any of the biological father of my son. They were like never appear in this world anymore.

Please I need the best option. Both of us wanted the best for my son and so that my son won't feel different from us.

Thank you!!

View user profile

2 Re: updating illegitimate son's last name on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:09 am


Arresto Mayor
Kailangan po iupdate yung sa NSO para magka annotation pero di ko alam if advisable pa ito dahil ibang apelido naman gusto nyo gamitin nya. Para magamit naman po nya surname ng husband nyo, kailangan nyo po idaan sa legal adoption. Kailangan ng consent ng biological kapag iuupdate nyo sa NSO kasi maalisan na sya ng rights sa bata (vice versa).

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum