Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Company is trying to apply new monthly salary system(salary being reduced) which I didn't sign on the employment contract.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Good day.
I am a South Korean expat, and started working in the Philippines since January, 2016.
Recently, the company asked our manager to sign on a consent letter, and the company reduced his monthly salary. And my manager told me that the company is going to reduce all employees' salaries due to their new salary distribution system.  Their explanation for the reducing salary is that there are salary standard differences between new and old employees. So they want to get rid of salary gaps between old and new employees. New employees were hired at lower salary standard. And I belong to old employees' salary system. But I already have signed regular employee contract by July after my probationary period. My employment contract is a regular employment contract and has no contract ending date. Does the company have rights to change salary system after signing of the employment contract or forcing me to sign a consent letter for a change of contract? Also, Can the company fire me if I don't agree with new salary system which I didn't sign on the employment contract? I have no idea how I can react if company asks me to leave the company after I don't agree with their new policy.

And this is another issue, I have asked the company for a copy of my employment contract several times since I started working. But every time they told me that I can only see my employment contract only in the HR office, and can't give me original copy of my contract. I have mentioned them also several times that it is my right to get a copy of my employment contract by law. But they refused to provide me a copy because it is a company policy and I have to follow. I don't think this is right.

I really have no idea what should I do about these. Please help me how I can react on these issues.

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
Make an inquiry and file a complaint with the nearest Department of Labor office in your city if they insist on changing your salary to a lower amount.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum