Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

serious need legal advice... custody of an illegitimate child

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Good day,

The biological father of my daughter signed her birth certificate, and for that, my daughter is using the surname of her father.

Our illegitimate daughter is now 8 years old, Philippine passport holder, and resident of EU. Since 2009 she is living with me here in EU and time to time we are visiting our family in the Philippines.
I am about to receive my EU citizenship soon, because I am residing in EU and 7 years married to a EU national; and right after the process of my citizenship, I can also apply my daughter to become a EU citizen.

I would like to know if;

- How can I have a document from the court saying that, I have the full custody over the child? And if I have the custody over the child, does that mean that I am entitled to all decision for my daughter? And if its that’s the case, I don’t need any consent from the father? Like decision for education, health, travel, insurances etc etc. What are the limitations of the decision?

Do I have to file a petition in court? If it is, where can I file? how long would it take? Do we need to be in the Philippines while waiting for the decision?

And lastly, Since she is acknowledge by her father, do I have the right to ask for financial support? How? Do I need to go on court for that? And how long it would take.

I hope you can help me with these matters.
Thank you very much.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum