Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Good day to our lawyers and members in this forum. I got a question.

Would it be possible to declare a trading corporation as "non-stock, for-profit" with SEC?

The corporation will function as a broker or 'middleman' between the supplier and its client being engaged in the oil industry. It will have five (5) members who are both the incorporators and directors of the corporation.

The corporation does not have any significant amount of capital to begin with and start a stock corporation. It will function similar to a "virtual company" without the need for renting office space.

The corporation intends to gather its initial capital through the monetary contributions of its members. It does not wish to start an IPO (Initial Public Offering) nor seek funds from external investors. It strictly wishes to keep ownership to its members.

Please let me know if it would be possible to declare a trading corporation as "non-stock, for-profit" as I think it is the most cost-efficient way in starting up a corporation.

Thank you.

View user profile


there is no such thing as non-stock, for profit corporation.the closest thing to that will be a partnership.

i recommend a stock corporation, but it will entail annual compliance reports. if things go wrong, the stockholders cannot be easily sued in their individual capacity and their loss is limited to the value of their stocks.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum