Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parental Custody

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Parental Custody on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:25 pm


Arresto Menor
Greetings! I would like to seek your advice on what are the legal actions that I can take in order to practice my rights as a father to my illegitimate child. I have a daughter from my ex-girlfriend. We were never married but I signed on my daughter's birth certificate and acknowledged her. She is 3 years old. I know I cannot have full custody of my daughter. I only would like to have her go with me during the weekends without her mother. Is there anything I can do? I can visit her but I am unable to take her places like malling or visiting my parents. I hope you can share your expert opinion. Thank you.

View user profile

2 Re: Parental Custody on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:27 pm


you are entitled to visitation rights but this is not limited to visiting her at the mother's home. this can be expanded to her visiting you in your home on weekends or other days.

i recommend you first try to negotiate with the mom. do you give support? don't withhold it to get your way.

next step will be a complaint at the bgy and last resort is a petition for enforcement of visitation rights in the court.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum