Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I return a Printer

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Can I return a Printer on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:46 am

NRG

Arresto Menor
Hi

I hope someone can help me. I brought a new Canon Printer on the 29th of September 2016 and within a week we started having problems with it not printing out correctly. By this time I had probably printed out no more than 20 sheets in black. The black ink stopped working and the colors where not much better. I took the printer back to the shop and told them what had happened, they got one of their so called technicians to look at and after 3 hours of waiting they returned it to me saying that it was fixed. I asked what the problem was and they told me that the ink cartridge was defective, I asked if they had replaced it and they said no they had not but had fixed the problem. I said that surely only having the printer for a week and printing off only 20 sheets that they must replace the cartridge, as that was also brand new when I brought it. They said if I wanted the cartridge changed they would do so but would cost me 900 pesos. So I left it as they said it was fixed and it seem to be at the time.

A week later I started having the same problem again and now not only the black cartridge but also the color. Again I have probably only printed off less than 20 sheets since I brought it home again. The other problem is, is that I have to travel a 100 KM round trip just to take it back each time. I now just want to take the printer back and not get a refund or get my money back but to exchange it for a different model one that will not give me problems.

They said that I cannot do this as the printer is not under any warranty, I do not see how as this is a brand new Canon printer and the manufacturer itself would have a warranty on it. The only thing they say is under warranty is any work they done on it, and nothing else. The printer is still just under a month old and I have the receipts to prove this and also that I have already taken it back once already for repair. Is there anyway that I can demand that they replace this printer with a different model or brand. Like I say I am not looking for a refund so they are not losing out and I still need a printer. Any help would be appreciated before I go back up there again and maybe have some ammunition to argue why they should replace this printer with another one.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

Matt.

View user profile

2 Re: Can I return a Printer on Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:03 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua
Read the terms and conditions of the warranty that was provided to you upon purchase of the item.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum