Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Divorce in Canada

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Divorce in Canada on Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:25 am


Arresto Menor
Hi, any insights about my problem will highly be appreciated. I am a permanent resident in Canada. I started filing for divorce (my spouse is in the Philippines. Reason for divorce: concubinage, drug and gambling addiction). He already agreed ang signed the divorce paper. However, a lawyer in the Philippines advised me to wait until I become a Canadian citizen and file the divorce so I can have it acknowledge in the Philippines and not go through the annulment. Is that possible since the Philippine law does not acknowledge divorce? Also, I still have to wait for 2 yrs before I become a Canadian citizen. I don't want to be attached legally to my former spouse for another 2 yrs. Please help. Thank you!

View user profile

2 Re: Divorce in Canada on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:51 am


Arresto Menor
Hi madame,

Divorce is recognized in the Philippines under PD1083. A law that governs Muslim in the Philippines. You dont have to wait for two years and file a divorce in Canada, provided you are Muslim or Muslim Convert.

Email me for more clarification:

Thank you

View user profile

3 complicated marriage on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:02 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi..i'm a pr here in hk...i have a very complicated situation regarding my marriage..can someone pls let me know who could i send an email to seek for legal advice since this is a personal matter..thanks

View user profile

4 Re: Divorce in Canada on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:29 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
IF you can't solve it now by divorce, you can make a legal separation. Then you get separated economies, but can't remarry yet.

@ janiz
Well. I'm NOT specialiced in such laws (I'm specialiced in Business and Tax laws) but I know some, so you can try me if you want Smile
But I hope you can ask someone who can your type of problem much better than I.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum