Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Asking for child support

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Asking for child support on Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:17 pm


Arresto Menor
Hello po atty..just want to ask if I have the right to ask a financial support from his father.I have 6 yrs old son anak ko sya s pgkadalaga..but when he was born hindi ko nilagay un name ng father nya s birthcert.unknown.but the father knows that was his son.meron n po cia ibang live in partner n iba but he was married b4 hiwalay n po cia s legal wife son was diagnosed with ASD thats why I need his support now financially..we've been talking b4 that he is willing to support our child with all the expenses that he need for the therapy.but un livein partner nya ayaw mgagree.ano po b pede ko gawin.salamat po.

View user profile

2 Re: Asking for child support on Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:55 am


Arresto Menor
Pls I want to know if I can really file a case against him..He is capable to help my son because he has a job he is a seafarer and he is earning 3k dollars a month.I hope I can get an answer on this matter.thank u.

View user profile

3 Re: Asking for child support on Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:40 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
My Tagalog is bad. I didn't understand the problem. If the biological father agree, he can pay support WITHOUT a legal decision.

If the biological father DISgree, you still have right to support, but then you have some problem:
1. He isn't at the birth certicate, so it need to be proven he is the father.
2. DNA test is expensive. And it's a problem to get the sample and SURE to be his, by he is abroad.
3. He is abroad, which make the Philippines don't have juristiction (if the ship don't belong to a Filipino company). But there is some chance a foreign company agree volontaringly to assist forwarding a part of the salary.

Is his familiy from same/close Barangay?
FIRST try to get a volontaringly agreement.
If that don't help, you can ask if the Barangay Captain take such case. (He is suppoused to when both are from same barangay, but I don't know when one is abroad.)

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum