Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm in a relationship but lately we found out that she was pregnant with his past boyfriend

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hi Sir/Mam,

Just want to ask legal advice.

Here is my situation. I am in a relationship, we are now living together for almost 4 months now. We are planning to settle down soon. But I have worries, because his previous partner wants to fix their relationship even if he knows that we are dating. Sa part ko masakit, pero I love her, and I know she loves me as well. I already met her parents and siblings and I am ok with them and I have the support from them.

So ayun, nag usap kaming tatlo, my partner and her ex-partner. He told us na, "Masaya ako para sa inyo, wala naman na akong magagawa kasi kayo na. Ang akin lang, sana ibigay nyo ung last name ko sa bata". Which I, for the sake of the conversation, said "Ok".

The problem now is, he still keeps messaging her that he can't move on an he still loves her and their baby.

Now I am worried, what if lumabas na si baby, meron syamg right na kunin yun dba? And, yung last name nya still bothers me since, magiging magulo yun especially for my parents, and friends and family.

Ngaun I have a lot of things na iniisip and na ddepress na din. Ano ba laban ko sa situation na to, legally?

They are not married, and kami, soon pa to get married.

I hope you enlighten me on my situation.

Thank you.


View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
If the child would be born after your marriage, then the child would be legally as yours though you are not his bio-father. You are then obliged to sign the birth certificate as the legal husband upon birth. You then accept all obligations as the legal father of the baby that is not your own blood. Unless all this are contested by the mother of the child in court. Ofcourse, after marriage you would have limited time to impugn that in court if that would be your intention after your marriage. But I doubt since you are already aware that the child is not yours.

Otherwise, the bio father can be obliged to provide financial support to the child if he agrees and if that is your intention.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum