Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

change of son's surname

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 change of son's surname on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:59 am


Arresto Menor
Hi,Good DaY!

I have a 4yr.old son,he's using his father's surname and i wanted to change it to my last name.The problem is, our null and void marriage contract(not registered in NSO)is stated in his birth certificate and im separated with his father since he was 6 mos.old,no communication or whatsoever since then.
Pls.advice me on what to do because i will apply for an immigrant in Canada and i want to petition him.
Your reply is of great help and appreciated.
Thank you and God bless you.

View user profile

2 Re: change of son's surname on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:52 pm


are you saying your marriage contract is null merely because it was not registeroed at the NSO? non-registration is not a basis for nullification of a marriage. did you have a marriage license and why didn't the solemnizing officer (priest, judge) not report it? was it filed at the civil registrar?

going back to your problem, it will require that you file a petition in court to change, not just his name, but his status that he is illegitimate. I'm afraid it will become the central question where and how is it that he was reported to be born in a marriage in the first place.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum