Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Concubinage

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Concubinage on Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:46 pm

Anne2016anne

Arresto Menor
My husdand and i have been married for 5 yrs now. We not have a child. Just recently i found that he has an ongoing affair with another woman and they have a child. The woman is abroad but the child is with the womam's family. They are both professionals. What are legal actions can i make?

View user profile

2 Re: Concubinage on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:38 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
You can file a case about concubinage, but if so it has to be against BOTH the woman and your husband. I did read an interpretion about that law, which say concubinate is a crime ONLY if "it isn't handled nice"... :/

The other woman has right to get support to the child, if she don't get that anyway.

" The woman is abroad but the child is with the womam's family. They are both professionals."
Do you mean both your husband and the woman are OFW in same country?
Do you get support from your husband?
If so you risk to lose the support, if you file a case, because Philippine laws don't have power abroad. And if you winn the case, then your husband risk to be jailed in the Philippines, and then he can't pay you either.

View user profile

3 Re: Concubinage on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:32 pm

Anne2016anne

Arresto Menor
I do get support from my husband.
My husband is here in the philippines working as a professional. The woman is abroad. They were working in the same company before. Can i have thier license be revoked? Can my husband be terminated from work if i complain in the company.

View user profile

4 Re: Concubinage on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:48 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
Anne2016anne wrote:I do get support from my husband.
My husband is here in the philippines working as a professional. The woman is abroad. They were working in the same company before. Can i have thier license be revoked? Can my husband be terminated from work if i complain in the company.
So they HAD a relation, but has ended it?
(Because hard to make concubinage when being in different countries Smile

Do you want to punish them AND risk losing the support you get? Because if he lose the work or become jailed, then he don't earn money to support you.

Do you mean licence from the COMPANY or from exam?
I suppouse they can't lose exam licence because of this.
I don't know if the company even CAN take their licence or fire them, or if the COMPANY break employment law then, I guess they CAN'T break contract because of this (if they aren't put in jail and by that can't fullfil working.)

View user profile

5 Re: Concubinage on Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:46 am

Anne2016anne

Arresto Menor
They still have a relationship. They are just in different countries. And yes i am willing to lose the support from him because i have my own job.

So what case can i file against them? Can their Prc licence be revoked because of immorality?

View user profile

6 Re: Concubinage on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:02 pm

johnlocke1290

Arresto Mayor
What's the nature of their work? It depends on what line of work they are in. For example, if he is a teacher then his license can be revoked. Concubinage is hard to prove since it has its requisite, and one of which is they are living together.

View user profile

7 Re: Concubinage on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:19 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
Anne2016anne wrote:They still have a relationship. They are just in different countries. And yes i am willing to lose the support from him because i have my own job.

So what case can i file against them?
Concubinage, Against both.

IF an interpretion I did read is corect, it's only a crime if it's handled "ugly"
=The relation itself isn't a crime,
but for instance if they SHOW it so YOU lose face by OTHERS know it.

"Concubinage is hard to prove"
Well. They have a child together, so THAT part is easy to prove (asuming it's made AFTER the marriage).

--
So collect some evidience. Then it's time to judge if you have good enough chance to winn to be worth to file a case.
Police can handle such cases.
But LOCK UP so YOU don't get trouble by make the cheaters to lose face in a way the law don't allow. The laws are some silly concerning this. (According to the interpretion article I did read but I don't remember where.)

View user profile

8 Re: Concubinage on Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:01 pm

johnlocke1290

Arresto Mayor
Well. They have a child together, so THAT part is easy to prove (asuming it's made AFTER the marriage). wrote:

It is clear that they had sexual intercourse, but the element of sexual intercourse, as regards to concubinage, is it should be under scandalous circumstance. Can it be considered scandalous?

View user profile

9 Re: Concubinage on Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:42 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
johnlocke1290 wrote: It is clear that they had sexual intercourse, but the element of sexual intercourse, as regards to concubinage, is it should be under scandalous circumstance. Can it be considered scandalous?
I find that LAW scandalous Laughing
finding lose face e g by chismis
much worse than the cheating... Shocked

View user profile

10 Concubinage on Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:07 pm

Kram crab

Arresto Menor
Hi, ako po ay nagtatrabaho abroad, ako po ay kasal since 2014 unfortunately ang pgsasama nmin ng asawa ko ay nagtapos nung 2015 pero hindi pa legal. meron kme isa anak. Ako po ay nagkarelasyon sa same country where i am working. alam ito ng asawa ko. may mga picture din kme sa facebook na magkasama. tanong ko po pwede ba ako sampahan ng concubinage ng asawa ko since may malinaw nmn kame hiwalayan bago ako nagkarelasyon sa iba?

View user profile

11 Re: Concubinage on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:12 pm

johnlocke1290

Arresto Mayor
alam ito ng asawa ko. may mga picture din kme sa facebook na magkasama. tanong ko po pwede ba ako sampahan ng concubinage ng asawa ko since may malinaw nmn kame hiwalayan bago ako nagkarelasyon sa iba? wrote:

She cannot file charges against you since it is considered an implied pardon.

View user profile

12 Re: Concubinage on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:30 pm

cesbartolome

Arresto Menor
hello po. pwede po ba akong mag-file ng concubinage sa asawa ko. 4years po ang relasyon nila ng kabit nya. Alam po sa lugar ng trabaho dahil bulung bulungan na matagal na, ako lang ang huling nakaalam. Nakompirma ko po ang relasyon nila ng mabuksan ko ang email ng asawa ko. May email pa po na nagsasabi sa sexual intercourse nila at sinabi ng babae na ayaw nya magkaanak. matibay na po bang ebidensya ang email na yun? meron po silang inuupahan na bahay pero kampi po sa kanila ang landlord at walang balak magbigay ng cctv record. Nagpupunta din sila sa ibang bansa na magkasama. patulong po.

View user profile

13 Re: Concubinage Today at 10:23 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum