Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child support

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Child support on Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:09 am


Arresto Menor
Ask ko po sir,
18 years napo akong kasal pero 2006 po nang tapusin namin sa barangay ang pagsasama naming magasawa,naghatian po kami ng gamit ngayon po ung panganay namin 18 yrs old na nasa college at 15 yrs na grade 10 ay prehong hindi tumatanggap ng monthly support galing sa ama,preho pong nsa custody ko ang 2 anak namin. Tanong ko po may karapatan prin po bng humingi ng child support ung 18yrs old kong anak? Paano ko po mappursige itong child support pra saknilang 2 kasi twing nagppunta mga anak ko s bahay nya para humingi ng allowance lageng sinasabi nung ama nila na me asawa naman nadaw akong iba kya saknya nakmi humingi.meron nmn po syang regular na trabho.meron din kami ng kalive in partner ko ng 10yrs pero dapt po bang wala syang ibigay dahil lng meron na akong kalive in? Meron nadin po syang kinakasamang iba. Ang akin lng po hindi po ako mkapagpundar kasi ako lahat sumasagot sa 2 naming anak sya magbbgay lng kung kelan at magkano nya gusto ako tuloy nahihirapan pra magkaron ng sariling bahay. Sya ineexcuse nya ung pinatayo nyang bahay at bnbyarang motor kya hindi mkapagsustento.ano po pwede kong gawin.

View user profile

2 Re: Child support on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:27 am


Arresto Mayor
Despite you having a new relationship does not absolve your ex-husband from obligation of providing financial support to your children; however, for your eldest son, your ex-husband is not obligated by law to provide for him as he is at the age of majority (18 years old).

For your second query, the child will be considered under your first marriage.

These are some legal repercussion that may happen to you:

If you use the biological father’s surname, this can be used as evidence by your ex-husband in filing a case of adultery against you and the biological father.

If you inform the Local Civil Registrar that you are physically separated from your ex-husband, the LCR will not allow you to register the child under the biological father’s surname because of Articles 164 and 167 of the Family Code.

You can claim that you are single and then either leave the entry for the name of the father blank or use the biological father’s name; in this situation, you can potentially be charged with perjury.

If you use your ex-husband’s surname for the child, your ex-husband can file a case of damages against you.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum