Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

inherited property

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 inherited property on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:38 am

amgc

Arresto Menor
my mother-in-law died last december.

my husband (gambler/addicted to drugs) is the only legal heir of the following:

* lot
* sss benefits
* insurance
* other properties

we're married and have 3 kids. i'm afraid that these will all be gone because of his addictions.

will all these properties be a conjugal property?
what action can be done to avoid lost?

Thanks and regards!

View user profile

2 Re: inherited property on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:32 pm

attyLLL

no, this will not be considered conjugal property but separate property of your husband.

has the estate been settled? have you paid inheritance taxes?

what is the state of your husband? is it possible to have his placed in a facility for drug rehabilitation?

you can apply to be his guardian and be administrator of his properties.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: inherited property on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:41 am

amgc

Arresto Menor
Thank you!
I have follow up questions:

A.
has the estate been settled?
do you mean, if it's fully paid?

1st lot - is under my mother-in-laws name. already fully paid (1989)
- How can we transfer the title to my husband's name? (requirements)
- Can both our names be reflected in the title? (my husband already agrees about this)

2nd lot - is still under the seller's name. already fully paid (1994)
- How can we transfer the title to my husband's name? (requirements)
- Can both our names be reflected in the title? (my husband already agrees about this)

have you paid inheritance taxes?
- No, we haven't paid inheritance taxes.

my husband is in the province, with our 2 sons. he's aware of his faults. we already talked about rehabilitation but he doesn't want to because of lack of resources.

B.

for SSS death claim, my mother-in-law (married with the father (dead) of my husband with MC) but declared single in SSS.

had a live-in partner since 1998 (claiming that they were married in 2009 was not registed).

they adopted a boy but they falsify the birth certificate (mother-in-law's name appear in the BC). No legal adoption papers.

Will my husband be the only beneficiary for the DEATH CLAIM?

my mother-in-law declared that she is single but dependents are my husband and the adopted child, SSS questioned the BC of the adopted child bec. the age of my mother in is 45 y/o in the BC. SSS told us that the adopted child will not get pension since they have falsify the BC.

Thanks again! Very Happy

View user profile

4 Re: inherited property on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:04 am

attyLLL

no, i mean whether the heirs have executed an extrajudicial settlement of estate and taxes have already been paid. this has to be done so that the properties can be transferred.

if the sss denied the claim regarding the other child, then it's up to him to claim it.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: inherited property Today at 4:26 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum