Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

adoption or child rights for gay couple..

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 adoption or child rights for gay couple.. on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:11 pm

memeow

Arresto Menor
good pm po! i'd like to ask help lang po. i'm a gay and having a partner. we're planning to have a child soon. meron po bang law dito sa'tin na pwedeng magbigay ng child right sa two mothers.. paano po ang process? thank you!

View user profile

2 Re: adoption or child rights for gay couple.. on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:04 pm

attyLLL

ok, so you're lesbians? what do you mean planning to have a child? one of you will get pregnant through intercourse or insemination? or you really plan to adopt a child?

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: adoption or child rights for gay couple.. on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:22 pm

memeow

Arresto Menor

thank you for your prompt response..
one of us will get pregnant through insemination.

View user profile

4 Re: adoption or child rights for gay couple.. on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:01 am

attyLLL

the child will be considered the illegitimate child of the mother who bore the child and will have legal filiation only with her. she can exercise parental control and custody.

the child will not have any legal filiation with the other female partner. joint parenting will not be disallowed by law but will not be recognized.

i'm afraid our laws are not yet so progressive. the couples who are allowed to adopt jointly is currently limited to married heterosexuals.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum