Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

filing a counter charge

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 filing a counter charge on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:39 am


Arresto Menor
Good morning. I am being accused of qualified theft by conspiring with my former officemate who was also accused of qualified theft merely because I did not perform any audit in the branch wherein it hasn't been audited ever since because it is considered as the main branch and because they see me and the other accused having lunch together with the other employees.

My officemate and I felt that we were being framed up to cover up the wrong doings of those who are in-charge of receiving and depositing the collections from sales (which they I suppose they have been doing even before we join the company). They were asking us to settle the amount of money involved but we refused because our conscience is clear that we did not what is being accused of us. Then they filed a non-bailable case so that we will be forced to settle the said amount. If it is only bailable and we believe that there is fair justice, we will fight it in court until the end to prove that we are innocent. However, we do not want to be in jail for the crime that we did not commit while the case is on-going. It is really causing us too much stress and sleepless nights. The other accused is trying to buy peace by asking for an amicable settlement. She is willing to pay the amount just to end up these harrassment. Since the other accused is the only one doing this move, will my case also be dismissed? I do not want to have a compromise agreement with the complainant because I know and God knows that I am innocent. Likewise, I also have pending petition for review of my case in DOJ. Once they decide that there is no probable cause for my case, I would like to file counter charges against the complainant for all the mental, emotional and physical stress that they have caused me.

Please advise if under the law, I can file counter charge once they agree with the amicable settlement being offered by the other accused?

Thank you very much and hope you could clarify these concerns.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum