Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legal way to force an Adult child out off the house

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hi! Good day, I hope someone will be able to give me an advice regarding this matter.

This is what's currently happening here, my father wants my eldest brother and his family to move out of the house, said house and the land is under my father's name, my eldest brother is 30+ years old and is married and has children, his wife is working and is the one who's supporting their family. My father remarried years ago and moved to his wife's house but recently something happened and he was forced to move out there, currently he's living in a small hut at the back of the main house.

Years ago, my father asked my brother and his wife to move out of the house, but they refused saying that they will eventually inherit the house. They have already tried to talk it over with some barangay officials present, but the same thing happened.

My father wants to live in the house with his wife, i am the only daughter and the youngest child, though I'm against his wife living in the house, I feel pity to my father since he worked hard his whole life to just live in a small hut at the back of his own house. Also, one of my father's main concern is that my brother and his wife can't take care of the house properly, they have been living in the house for more than 5 years now and over time, damages have been made to the house, they cannot do maintenance, they just leave everything as is, letting the furniture, ceiling and other parts of the house to rot. Our late mother's things are either missing or broken. And they can't even clean the house. Molds on the broken refrigerator that they use to store their utensils, their bathroom is like a public toilet, they can't even mop the floor or sweep it everyday, and many, many more. It's such a shame to see something that you built through your hard work come to waste.

So, to sum it up, my father wants his eldest son and his family to move out of the house:

1. he needs a proper place to live
2. they cant take care of his property

My father has already asked them to move out but they refused, twice. Is there a legal way to force them to move out? Like a court order with the above reasons as to why they need to move out?

Thank you for your help ^^ and I'm really sorry if this is too long to read. >.<

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum