Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

lot belongs to someone else

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 lot belongs to someone else on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:41 pm

rael1985

Arresto Menor
Good Afternoon!!

I have a question regarding our house in the province. Back in the 1970s my grandma and her sister purchased a lot. they have decided to put her sisters name on the title but our grandma was the one who paid for constructing a house in the property. fastforward today, my sister who is currently living in the property suddenly received a call from our aunt(the legal heir of my grandmas sister) to advise her that they have to move out of the property since someone already purchased the lot. she was advised that they can stay until august this year but the buyer of the property(which is our neighbor) told my sister that they only have 3 days left to stay in the property since the deed of sale will be finalised already within 3 days. we learned that my aunt sold the property in installment(within 2 years) but never informed us about it. is there anything we can do legally about this? please help.thank you!

View user profile

2 Re: lot belongs to someone else on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:46 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
Big risk it become such mess, when documents aren't compleete, and in this case even worse - put in wrong name.
It's big risk your side lose. Even if you can prove your grandma paid the house, you will probably lose, because when there are no lease contract or when it end, then buildings belong to the land owner.
Sorry to say tour chance is so small so I wouldn't even bother to go to court (except perhaps if the house is worth millions) because you would almost sure lose more then.
You can try if the Barangay Captain change anything, because such don't cost much as court cases. But in legal point of view you will probably only get a bit delayed move.

To get right you will probably need to make the seller admit part is yours.
What does the seller say about your grandma paid?

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum