Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

TV or Radio Programs giving Legal Advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 TV or Radio Programs giving Legal Advice on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:07 pm

Arresto Menor
As we all know, the giving of legal advise through tv and radio programs are popping up like daisies nowadays.

I can't help but wonder if such actions constitute a violation of the Code in Legal Ethics. Is there a client-lawyer relationship created by said means? What if the lawyer's advise is found to be wrong, can he be held administratively liable for it?

As written by author Agpalo, "The giving of advise on legal matters through the medium of a newspaper column or radio or television broadcast is improper" citing A.B.A. Op. 270 dated November 30, 1945.

Your two cents are welcome =)

View user profile

2 Re: TV or Radio Programs giving Legal Advice on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:54 am

there's no concrete answer to this yet, but I am indeed concerned by the ethical considerations and even problems in providing advice to persons over the radio, tv, and in this forum.

think it over, is there a way to balance these interests so that the service can still be rendered while the lawyer does not unnecessarily risk his career?

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum