Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

father to be

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 father to be on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:34 pm

kirov boris

Arresto Menor
good day.
atty, my girlfriend is pregnant and we have no plans of getting married yet. a few months from now, i will be migrating to the US. so by the time she gives birth, i won't be present.

can she name the child under my surname even if i'm abroad? what steps can we take?

thank you very much.

View user profile

2 Re: father to be on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:02 pm


get a declaration form and you can pre-sign it.

but my recommendation is that the child be named after the mother, but you issue an affidavit of acknowledgment and authority to use surname of father.

that way, the child can use either name if things go bad between the parents.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: father to be on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:41 pm

kirov boris

Arresto Menor
thank you very much.. good to know i've got options.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum