Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

FIXED AND NO WORK NO PAY SALARY

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 FIXED AND NO WORK NO PAY SALARY on Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:03 pm

ROS

Arresto Menor
Good day!

I'm thankful in finding this site and I'm hoping to get the legal advice that I need. To give a little background, I'm working as a regular employee in a Korean company here in the Philippines and I'm just wondering about my salary. We have a monthly fixed income of 11,000, but whenever there are Korean holidays, we don't need to work and they are saying that it will be "no work, no pay". So they are subtracting the amount of the holiday payment from our basic salary, which I think is unfair in my part as a regular employee. My question is, is it legal to have this kind of setup? Fixed but with "no work, no pay" policies? What law or code will help in this matter? It is not very clear for me, so please help.

Thank you so much!

View user profile

2 Re: FIXED AND NO WORK NO PAY SALARY on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:27 am

council

Reclusion Perpetua
what happens on a philippine holiday?

View user profile http://www.councilviews.com

3 Re: FIXED AND NO WORK NO PAY SALARY on Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:04 pm

ROS

Arresto Menor
Thank you for answering! When there are PH holidays additional payment of 30% or 100% of the day's salary are given. I think we don't have a problem about the local holidays but whenever there are Korean holidays , they are subtracting the unworked day's payment. It was not all stated at the given contract too, so I'm wondering if it's legal.

Have a good day!

View user profile

4 Re: FIXED AND NO WORK NO PAY SALARY on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:27 pm

ador

Reclusion Perpetua
Walang kinalaman ang korean holiday dito sa pilipinas kaya nga Philippine permits ang requisite sa businesses dito maski intl company yang nagooperate o nagtayo dito. Kaya bayad kayo pag Ph Legal/working holidays.
Looks like either forced leave or skeletal yung ginagawa nila. May ibang tao na pinapapasok? Like maintenance people?

View user profile

5 Re: FIXED AND NO WORK NO PAY SALARY on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:30 pm

ROS

Arresto Menor
Thank you po sa reply!

For Korean holidays wala pong pasok lahat ng employees, so lahat po ng day na hindi namin pinasukan binabawas sa salary namin which I think is really unfair. I asked the Korean officer, she told me may fixed monthly salary kami, but whenever there are Korean holidays, sasabihin nila, no work no pay. Legal po ba yung ganung way sa isang company? I am a regular employee din po.

Have a good day!

View user profile

6 Re: FIXED AND NO WORK NO PAY SALARY on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:17 pm

ROS

Arresto Menor
Hi po!

Fair and legal po ba ang pagbawas ng Korean holidays sa basic salary na 11,000? May rule o legal law po bang about dito? Regular employee po ako sa isang Korean company.

Thank you!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum