Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need Help Please : Landlord tells us to leave on our FIRST DAY of renting

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hi Attorneys,

Kindly assist me in identifying the best course of action for our situation please.

After paying the down payment last Thursday, my 7 year old child and I moved in to our new apartment Sunday midnight-12:30 AM to be exact. Then same day at around 2 PM, the landlord got very angry with my kid while she was being welcomed and was talking to other kids in the neighborhood. He kept saying in a loud voice, "Yung anak mo(pointing at my kid)! Ayoko ng maingay! Kaya ayoko ng bata!" and left. I let it pass thinking maybe he just talks like that, and told my child to get inside the house.

A few minutes after the incident, he came back and told us that he will refund our initial payment and will not let us stay longer than 1 month since he really does not like kids and noise, and kept implying repeatedly that my kid is hopeless. I don't know what made him hate my kid when she the other kids were not noisy at all. They were literally just talking for no more than 15 minutes. Nun nya pa nga lang nakita, pinapalabas nya na agad na sobrang gulo ng anak ko at wala nang pag asa tumino.

Did not react to his decision anymore to avoid arguments but i felt and still feel cheated and scammed, disrespected and bullied. In the first place, he knew that I had a kid and still went ahead with our rent. He should not have accepted us when we told him we wanted to rent the place.

Aside from the down payment, we also spent monetary, physical and mental effort in the logistics. The lipat bahay service has cost us a fortune too! Only to be told to move out less that 24 hours after our arrival. When we are not even done unpacking yet. I really don't think it's fair what he did and would like him to realize that.

Any suggestions please on what I should do? Is there a legal clause that might help us.

Hoping for everyone's assistance please.

Best regards,
Scared and scarred Mommy

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum