Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Problem with rights to the property paid for

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Problem with rights to the property paid for on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:53 am

Mrs. Doubtfire

Arresto Menor
My sister had bought a little lot along the beach in the community in Binalbagan, Negros Occidental.
The trouble is, it is only the rights to the property that she paid for. I want to know what exactly does this mean? Rights?

So where does this leave her if people started to squat in her property? I dont want to see her throw away her money that she invested into.

Please help me on this or I would very much appreciate suggestions or infomation that could help in removing the squatters from her small piece of lot.

View user profile

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
It mean only USING rights. The GOVERNMENT i owner.

After 10 years of paying tax for it, then can the user APPLY to become owner (=get it titled in own name). Mostly it's approved but not allways.

"along the beach " "squaters"
NOTE! Normaly ir's PUBLIC for anyone to use from the HIGHEST tide water mark PLUS 30 meters more away from sea. Normaly it isn't allowed to build anything within that distance. (Seldom there are SPECIAL permits but they cost extra to the government.)
If that part is sold to her, then it's probably a scam (although it's possible the seller don't know IF selling ONE lot and NOT being real estate broker, because otherwice they are suppoused to know such.)

Do you mean people LIVE there or just use?
IF just being there now and then, there is nothing to do normaly
but if they are LIVING there, she can try to make Barangay Captain solve it

View user profile

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua
It means that she does not hold any documentary ownership to the lot. If the real owner comes and evicts her from the lot, she will have no proof of ownership and she has no claim to it. She will also have difficulty evicting squatters too.

View user profile

Mrs. Doubtfire

Arresto Menor
My sister has a written receipt from the owner (but who is already died several years ago) can she use that to show ownership? And...yes the squatters started to live there over a year now.

"She will also have difficulty evicting squatters too" Can these people use anything against my sister so that they can not be evicted from that lot if the barangay captain can not do anything about it? Or worst, bye bye to her investment?

View user profile

antonio ekis

Arresto Menor
I will recommend based from experience. It's normal (Sa mga pinoy) to sell and buy properties na "rights" lang ang agreement. Means, the first owner has the right on the properties but there's no legal documents yet. The immediate remedy is thru Baranggay Captain in the area, he has the authority to talk with the squatters. At the same time you should at least build perimeter fence(poste) sa lote mo. If she have no relatives in the area, at least befriend one of the family there and give some money to look after your lot. Minsan takutan lang yan, one time mag visit kayo dun na marami kayo at mag invite ng pulis. It works for me...

View user profile

Mrs. Doubtfire

Arresto Menor
Thank you, thank you so much to you Lunkan, Betchay001 and to you antonio ekis for your answers and suggestions. You have answered all my issues clearly and it was quick of you to help me out. I appreciate it so much and I will let you know what the outcome will be. More power and God bless. I love this site and will recommend it to friends.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum