Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer of title

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Transfer of title on Mon May 08, 2017 8:04 pm

massiveirony

Arresto Menor
1. When my dad died, of course, our house & lot was transferred to my mom and us, children.
2. 2014, My mom sold our house to the sister of her friend.
3. Until now, nearly three years after she sold the house, the buyer still hasn't paid us in full because the land title is not yet transferred to her name.
4. My mom's portion of the land, which is half of it, has already been paid. But the other half, which is in our(my siblings & i) name, is not yet paid.
5. My siblings and I were all minors at that time, so they had to go to court.
6. Now, we don't know what happened, if it has been dismissed in court, or not. My mom also has mental issues so we're the ones working on this.
7. Now we want to ask for legal advice because we want to know what we have to do to finally get the full payment of the land and the title be transferred to the buyer.

Please answer this so we'll be enlightened. God bless!

View user profile

2 Re: Transfer of title on Tue May 09, 2017 11:20 am

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua
Hello,

Talk to the buyer and negotiate terms of the balance. I am assuming that during initial talks, payment will be given upon presentation of the title. You are at an impasse now. Will you be transferring the title now before they pay or will they pay first and then you transfer the title? Have everything in writing to make sure that the transaction will proceed fairly.

View user profile

3 Re: Transfer of title on Thu May 11, 2017 12:49 pm

massiveirony

Arresto Menor
She hasn't paid the remaining balance yet because the title is still in our name and not hers. How can we know what happened to our petition before about the transfer of title to the court (since we're minors) or, how do we transfer a title?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum